“Look at every path closely and deliberately, then ask ourselves this crucial question: Does this path have a heart? If it does, then the path is good. If it doesn't, it is of no use.”
~Carlos Castaneda

Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The "Arte Y Pico" ... My First Blog Award ... and I got 2

If thou desire the love of God and man, be humble, for the proud heart, as it loves none but itself, is beloved of none but itself. Humility enforces where neither virtue, nor strength, nor reason can prevail.
~Francis Quarles

This year I have been honored with 2 awards that I don't know if I deserve, but have received them none the less. Every time I am given a compliment or an award, my first instinct is to say, "I am not worthy," or "so and so is better." A wise person once told me, instead of trying to be humble, just say thank you. So, Thank you.

I thank the residents for awarding me the Resident Teaching Award for 2008. I am particularly proud of this award.

I also thank my 2 blog friends, Make Mine Trauma and Chrysalis Angel, for awarding me the Arte Y Pico blog award.

Make Mine Trauma
Someonetc at Orthopaedic Residency. He cleverly incorporates everyday challenges and situations as a mirror into the challenges of training ortho residents as their attending. He is constantly striving for more creative, motivating and successful methods of teaching.
Chrysalis Angel
Orthopedic Residency – This blogger actually found me one day, and I’ve been the one reading him ever since. Occasionally he disappears and then reappears out from behind his work and home life, balance is essential you know. I hope he comes back to write more often, I’m going to be especially interested in what he has to say now.
The rules of this award are as follows:
  1. You have to pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award in terms of creativity, design, interesting material, and general contributions to the blogger community, no matter what language.
  2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
  3. Each winner has to show the award and give the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award itself.
  4. Each winner and each giver of the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
  5. To show these rules.
So as part of the rules, here are my chosen blogs:
  1. Midwife with a Knife - This OB/GYN who specializes in maternal fetal medicine bring her insight about medicine, teaching, and life. Through her blog, she shares her personal struggles.
  2. Musings of a Dinosaur - This is a well written blog by #1 Dinosaur, a family practice physician. His wisdom and experience in both medicine and life permeates his writings.
  3. Medical School of Hard Knocks - This is a relatively new blog started this year. It is written by a medical student, CSTEW. He bring his humorous insight in tho the medical student mind.
  4. Hurricane Jill - This former general surgery resident, future neurosurgeon, and now pharmacist consistently writes her humorously honest prose about her day to day life and struggles.
  5. Crzegrl, Flight nurse - Crazygirl or Emily is an awesome flight nurse with a wicked sleeve. Her blog continues to evolve. She is a little crazy and maybe even zany. Her blog is no different. She is also military, Hooah.
Humility is the embarrassment you feel when you tell people how wonderful you are.
~Laurence J. Peter

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Resident Teaching Award for 2008! How great! You were a perfect choice for the other award, too. See, two of us chose you. I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Resident Teaching Award for 2008! Awesome, I know you are proud and definitely worthy.
    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice blog. As a returning adult student intending on a future new career in medicine, and possibly considering a career in orthopedics, I have been looking for "insider" perspectives on medical education and medical school. (BTW, I don't have a blog yet, but may someday.) Your writings and style remind me of another orthopedic surgeon that I used to know (also African American).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you. Haven't forgotten you, and hope you get some time to enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are missed, my friend. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Been a long time since we've heard from you, hope interview season is going well for you. Look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long time no hear from..hope all is well. On a side note.. i didn't get an interview from your program.... I was hurt! hehe

    -p3/4md

    ReplyDelete
  9. A ceramic combo bowl that fits on almost any type of hookah. Each bowl comes complete with a charcoal screen and integrated wind cover. It protects your charcoal from blowing away in the breeze!

    http://www.maharajahookah.com/hookah-accessories/cat_8.html
    http://www.maharajahookah.com/hookah-accessories/red-ceramic-hookah-shisha-bowl-wind-cover-huka-screen/prod_131.html

    Hookah Bowl With Wind Cover/Screen
    Red Ceramic Bowl - Wind Cover

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yoo.. amazing thread

    ReplyDelete
  12. password clips freely cohort bevacizumabs reflects cholesterol intentions lichtenstein jila genres
    masimundus semikonecolori

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In searching for sites related to web hosting and specifically comparison hosting linux plan web, your site came up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, you have tried to your best. I agree with you and really liked it. Great effort... Keeps it up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Easily I assent to but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi man

    It is my first time here. I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A humankind begins cutting his perceptiveness teeth the earliest time he bites eccentric more than he can chew.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very good entry. Anticipating the next.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your article and I'll be following you in tweeter. By the way if you have new site kindly update me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Witgh a name like "Musings of a Dinosaur", I had to check it out. His list of Laws of the Dinosaur: words to live by. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey - I am really happy to find this. cool job!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is some really interesting article. Hope to see more post from you!
    orthopaedic singapore

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, a lot of valuable info here. Awesome blow for any orthodontist.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for your good info to share with all..Excellent posting

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great post. I remembered my old days.

    Ortho, India.
    My site

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your article is very helpful for me.Great work . Thank you that was very educational, good luck

    ReplyDelete